Research Assistant/Associate - Doctoral Candidate (f/m/d) in the Field of "Bidirectional Charging within Locally Coupled Energy Systems "
- +49 (241) 80-48071
- Send Email
- +49 (241) 80-48082
- Send Email
Lehr- und Forschungsgebiet Mechatronik in mobilen Antrieben
We are the Teaching and Research Area Mechatronics in Mobile Propulsion (MMP). Our heart beats for the technology of tomorrow's mobility. Around the interdisciplinary topics of mechanics, electrical engineering and information technology, we research sustainable and demand-oriented drive and vehicle concepts. We bring the future into drives!
You want to know more about us? Then you will find more information under the following links:
- Your heart also beats for innovative future technology in mobility!
- You enjoy working independently on engineering and scientific issues. You love to get to the bottom of problems and remain persistent in your search for a satisfactory solution, even if it takes longer.
- Along the way, you put your analytical and conceptual skills to good use and you work in a structured manner towards a solution.
- You recognize when things are not going well on your own. Then you don't hesitate to ask your team for advice. On the other hand, when your team needs you, you are there for them.
- You have successfully completed your University studies (Master's degree or equivalent) in the field of mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, energy engineering, mechatronics, electrical engineering, automation technology or similar.
- Good communication is the basis for cooperation in our international team. Therefore, clear and comprehensible communication in written and spoken English as well as German should not be a problem for you.
- You have a good understanding of electrical powertrains as well as charging processes and a passion for controlling complex energy systems.
- Initial programming knowledge in Matlab or Python will help you get started.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- The focus of your tasks is the research of novel control concepts for bidirectional charging of battery electric vehicle fleets within local coupled energy systems.
- You share your findings with experts at international congresses and conferences, as well as in scientific journals.
- As part of your teaching activities, you transfer results from research into teaching and thus enable students to study in a practice-oriented manner.
Are you looking for an exciting combination of innovative research, valuable industry experience and a responsible teaching position? Then don't hesitate and apply with us. You can expect:
- A wide range of courses to support your personal development
- Participation in (inter-) national symposia
- Leadership responsibility, e.g. within your own student team
- Fast decision-making processes in a flat hierarchy
- Strong team spirit through regular institute meetings
- Flexible working models
We look forward to meeting you soon!
What We Offer
The successful candidate will be employed under a regular employment contract.
The position is to be filled at the earliest possible date and offered for a fixed term of one year.
It is intended to extend the initial contract period up to four years.
The fixed-term employment is possible as it constitutes one of the fixed-term options of the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (German Act on Fixed-term Scientific Contracts).
This is a full-time position with the possibility of a part-time contract upon request.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree in this position.
The salary is based on the German public service salary scale (TV-L).
The position corresponds to a pay grade of EG 13 TV-L.
RWTH is a certified family-friendly University. We support our employees in maintaining a good work-life balance with a wide range of health, advising, and prevention services, for example university sports. Employees who are covered by collective bargaining agreements and civil servants have access to an extensive range of further training courses and the opportunity to purchase a job ticket.
RWTH is an equal opportunities employer. We therefore welcome and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly from groups that are underrepresented at the University. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability or age. RWTH is strongly committed to encouraging women in their careers. Female applicants are given preference if they are equally suitable, competent, and professionally qualified, unless a fellow candidate is favored for a specific reason.
As RWTH is committed to equality of opportunity, we ask you not to include a photo in your application.
You can find information on the personal data we collect from applicants in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at http://www.rwth-aachen.de/dsgvo-information-bewerbung.
|RWTH Aachen University
Lehr- und Forschungsgebiet in mobilen Antrieben
Prof.Dr. Jakob Andert
Applicants are invited to submit their applications via email. For data protection reasons, however, we recommend sending applications via mail.