Division 1.5 - Examination and Statutory Law
Division 1.5 - Examination and Statutory Law belongs to the Department of Academic Affairs and Registrar's Office within RWTH Aachen's Central University Administration.
The Division of Examination and Statutory Law advises and supports examiners, examination boards, and the faculties with legal questions and matters regarding examinations and examination processes. Additionally the Division is responsible for administrative and judicial lawsuits and complaint proceedings about examination affairs.
The staff in the Division of Examination and Statutory Law is also reponsible for the legal review, modeling, and representation of new examination regulations and amendments. This includes both the structural and legal advising on the path to representing and publishing examination regulations and amendments and answering legal questions about the interpretation of individual rules in the examination regulations.
Also, the Division is in charge of the Eckpunkte working group. In this working group the Division collaborates with representatives from the Faculties, students, and University administration to formulate guidelines on different topics in the field of study and teaching management.
Furthermore the Division of Examination and Statutory Law assumes the legal review of further constitutions and bylaws, particularly the examination, post-doctoral qualification, and faculty regulations and the student body regulations. This work also includes processing higher education legal questions regarding doctoral studies, post-doctoral lecture qualifications, and the student body.
Together with RWTH Aachen Faculties and Campus team, the Division of Examination and Statutory Law is involved in the Exam and Course Management Project, also known as PuL.
Accreditation of German Student Initiatives
German student associations can submit a Request for Accreditation as a Student Initiative of RWTH Aachen to the Division of Examination and Statutory Law. Further information and the prerequisites to the accreditation process can be found in the Instructions for the Accreditation of German Student Initiatives at RWTH Aachen.
- Instructions for the Supplemental Oral Exam (de) (pdf: 371 kb)
- Module Administration Form (de) (docx: 130 kb)
- Guidelines on the Transfer of Credits (pdf: 300 kb)
- Class Attendance (pdf: 109 kb)
- Additional Requirements Master (pdf: 119 kb)
- Guidelines on Viewing Exam Scripts (pdf: 207 kb)
- Medical Certificates (pdf: 443 kb)
- Guidelines on Multiple-Choice Exams (pdf: 348 kb)
- Guidelines on Compensation for Disadvantages in Exams (pdf: 370 kb)
- Handbook for Using the Module Administration Form (de) (pdf: 389 kb)
- Guidelines for Cotutelle Agreements (pdf: 190 kb)
- Template for Joint Thesis Agreements (docx: 38 kb)
- Cease-and-Desist Declaration Template (de) (docx: 12 kb)