Optional ComponentsCopyright: © Maddy Ruppé
Various different activities, further training, and voluntary work related to an international or intercultural field count as optional components. The activities must last for a total of at least 8 hours and must be documented in the form of certificates of participation, certificates, business trip applications or similar.
The following list is exemplary but not exhaustive:
- Stay abroad (if this is not a selected compulsory module for you)
- Staff Mentor activity (if this is not a selected mandatory module for you)
- Individual language tandem, group language tandem, or language lessons for colleagues
- Voluntary work in an intercultural or international field
- Attendance of a further education or an external training course on an intercultural or international topic
- Introduction of English-language continuing education or continuing education measures for international university members (beyond the expected offer of the department or institute)
- Attendance of further foreign languages or intercultural communication courses (not the compulsory module)
- Organization of international events, lectures, and seminars (outside your own department)
- Job shadowing at International Office
- Ambassador for the Certificate International program (you will present your experience in the program here)
- The ENHANCE Tandem Program. You have the opportunity to get in touch with students from the partner universities and learn Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Swedish or Spanish.