Scholarship for Completing Studies for Doctoral Candidates
- Target Group:
- Doctoral Candidates
- Direction / Place:
The RWTH International Office can grant scholarships to complete your doctoral studies as part of the DAAD program STIBET III Matching Funds, with funds from the Federal Foreign Office and Doctor Carl Arthur Pastor Stiftung. This "Studienabschluss" scholarship funds the academic success of qualified international students, who are in the final phase of their studies.
A committee made up of representatives from RWTH will select the scholarship recipients. Selection is based on diverse criteria. Applicants are not entitled to claim the scholarship.
This short-term scholarship is granted for five months with a stipend of 500 euros per month. Scholarship recipients will find out by mail if they have been selected or not.
Who Can Apply?
RWTH students and doctoral candidates are eligible if they
- Have foreign citizenship and are classified as international students or doctoral candidates
- Are pursuing a doctorate at RWTH with the aim of being awarded a doctoral degree from RWTH
- Are in the final period of their doctoral studies
- Are living in Germany during this final period
- Will apply to initiate the doctoral procedure within five months (a corresponding confirmation must be submitted immediately after the application)
RWTH students and doctoral candidates are not eligible if they
- Are here on exchange or only briefly studying in Aachen
- Are only enrolled for a German course
- Are German citizens or have a German university entrance qualification
- Have already received a DAAD-CAP Matching Funds scholarship
- Will be abroad when they complete their studies
November 1 to November 30 and May 1 to May 31
What Application Documents Are Required?
Application form and description of financial status
Please submit copies documenting your financial situation along with your form – for example, if you have taken out a loan from a bank for your studies, then submit documentation of the loan as well as any current employment contracts and side jobs, and of the income you received through your doctoral studies.
- Tabular resume
- Copy of your passport and residence permit
- Evaluation from supervisor at supervising institute
- Letter of recommendation from supervisor at supervising institute
- Bank account statement of the past four weeks
- A copy of your employment contract is necessary if you have secondary earnings as a student assistant and other employment contracts. Please note that as a scholarship holder you are only allowed to earn a maximum gross pay of 450 euros each month. If you earn more than this, your monthly scholarship stipend will be reduced by the difference. If your employment is terminated at the beginning of, or during, the scholarship period, or your total number of working hours changes, you must submit proof of this.
- Note: we cannot accept applications that are incomplete or submitted past the deadline. Application documents must be submitted in a single PDF document. We will not accept any applications submitted by email or on paper.