This course of study is privately offered by the RWTH International Academy in collaboration with RWTH Aachen.
Management and Engineering in Technology, Innovation, Marketing and Entrepreneurship M.Sc.
Private Course of Study
- Master of Science
- Start of Studies:
- Winter Semester
- Standard Period of Studies:
- 3 semesters
- ECTS Credits:
- 90Mehr Informationen
What does that mean?
ECTS are credit points that measure the workload of one's studies.
First university degree, required qualifications according to the examination regulations
What does that mean?
Proficiency in English
--- Mehr Informationen ---
What does that mean?
What does that mean?Exam regulations.
Admission to First Semester
- See Course of Study Description
Dates and Deadlines
- Application deadline for non-EU applicants: March 1 of each year; application deadline for EU applicants: July 15 of each year
Designed for professionals with a STEM Background (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), the M.Sc. Management & Engineering in Technology, Innovation, Marketing & Entrepreneurship (MME TIME) provides you with the skills and tools needed to succeed in the digitized economy. The program is offered by one of the leading integrated universities of technology in Europe, RWTH Aachen University, with close to 150 years of expertise in producing cutting-edge research and Cambridge Digital Innovation at Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge.
In the course of the program, students learn the latest developments in laser technologies, digital and additive manufacturing, robotics, big data technologies, sustainable energy technologies, and many more. These technological modules will be accompanied by a profound management education where you will learn how to leverage and commercialize these technologies successfully.
Graduates of the program are going to have a truly interdisciplinary mindset that is necessary for solving the great technological, managerial, and societal challenges of our time. Hence, the program is ideally suited for professionals with a STEM background that wish to deepen their knowledge on state-of-the-art technologies but also aim for a management position in their next career step.
An entirely distinctive element is the possibility to tailor the program to the needs and time schedule of the participants. With the help of the latest digital and blended learning technologies, the students can choose to either study from their homes or from Aachen and can even study at their own preferred pace. Additionally, they have the opportunity to take part in German language courses.
The MME-TIME program offers you a profound management education accompanied by courses focusing on the latest developments in state-of-the-art technologies. The program consists of four different blocks, which you may customize to design your individual profile:
TIME Essentials: This block focuses on the essentials of conceptualizing and commercializing innovations and consists of six core courses (Digital Transformation & Information Systems Management, Entrepreneurial Management, Marketing Management, Production Management, Strategic Management, Technology & Innovation Management)
Management Electives: This block allows you to focus your management studies by selecting up to five courses. Choose between different specializations such as Technology Manager, Technology Entrepreneur, or Technology Marketer. The Cambridge Ecosystem Practicum is also part of this block and you may choose to attend courses offered by MIT Professional Education.
Technology Electives: This block focuses on your technological education and allows you to choose up to four courses from a great range of electives, including Production Technologies, Laser Technologies, Sustainable Energy Technologies, Robotic Technologies and many others.
Master Thesis: The master thesis at the end of the program gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your ability to solve a managerial or technological challenge using methods of scientific inquiry.
See course curriculum.
- First Degree: A Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science degree in STEM fields (science, technology, engineering and mathematics)
- Fundamental knowledge in the fields of engineering, mathematics and natural science that should be covered within the following modules: Higher mathematics and statistics (at least 15 Credit Points). Additionally, applicants need a minimum of 125 Credit Points in the fields of mathematics and natural science (e.g. in chemistry and/or physics), and/or computer science and/or engineering which are defined in the examination regulations.
- Professional work experience (at least one year) by the time of enrolment
- Certified proof of your competence in the English language is required through the completion of one of the accepted examinations listed below:
- TOEFL Internet based minimum of 90 pts
- IELTS academic 5,5 pts.,
- Cambridge Test – Certificate in Advanced English (CAE),
- First Certificate in English (FCE), completed with a B,
- Placement-Test of RWTH Aachen University's language centre (B2).
RWTH Business School has set itself the goal to empower MME-TIME students to have a smooth job entry or further develop their career after their studies.
Key features of our MME-TIME Career Services are:
- Access to a strong network from various industries and business fields
- Our online job platform which enables matching and direct contact to future employers
- Individual career coaching and professional orientation
- Application trainings and workshops
- Field trips
- Company presentations and lectures on campus
- Networking and recruiting events
After having completed the MME-TIME Program, you will be skilled to work in top-level positions in a multitude of different areas of industry, research or in engineering consultancies. Our graduates are highly qualified for leading management positions in Germany, Europe, and the rest of the world. You will become part of an interdisciplinary group of talented international fellow students and a lively Alumni network that consists of more than 16,000 graduates of RWTH Aachen University.
In being awarded the RWTH Aachen University Master's Degree, graduates are also qualified for doctoral studies in case they have a total of 300 Credit Points.
Examination regulations regulate academic goals and prerequisites, the course of study layout, and exam procedures.
The Master course of studies is offered by the RWTH School of Business and Economics.
For Your Information
RWTH Aachen offers some of its courses of study in collaboration with other (private) institutions. They are not part of the courses of study under public law, and thus are not governed by legal guidelines, e.g. university placement allocation. Some have tuition fees and require a period of professional experience.
Information about prerequisites, application processes, the university placement allocation process, and academic content is available from the host institution, to which you are applying.