Scientific Posters Presentation
Contact for Organizational Matters
- Send Email
- Communication and Collaboration
- Staff Development Measures:
- Spheres of Action:
- Promote personal development
- Staff Development
- Participation Fee:
An effective poster presentation requires a cleverly designed poster, an appropriate use of language and special techniques for presenting. This course will give you the skills you need to create professional, attractive and high-impact posters and give you the opportunity to practice the communication skills needed to make your research interesting and accessible for your audience.
2 days in-house workshop
In this course you´ll be able to:
– Perform a context analysis (who, when, where, why, what)
– Craft the ‘story’ of your poster
– Structure and layout
– Best/ worst-practice examples
– Optimise the impact of illustrations and graphs
– graphical abstract
– Poster as chore or opportunity?
– Poster as catalyst for networking
– Presenting yourself, your research and the poster itself
– Learn to interact with the audience (leading with questions, answering questions, discussion)
This seminar is only for PhD students affiliated with the Cluster of Excellence "Fuel Science Center". Registration in the Doctoral Academy (formerly CDS) is also required.
Doctoral candidates and post-doctoral researchers who are affiliated with the Cluster of Excellence "Fuel Science Center". (CDS-Registration is requiered for doctoral candidates of RWTH. For non-RWTH partners of the Cluster of Excellence and post-doctoral researchers: Please send an e-mail to the contact for organizational matters shown above.)
Qualification of the Instructor / Coach
Dr. Karin Bodewits completed her PhD in Biochemistry at the University of Edinburgh. In 2012, she founded the successful company NaturalScience.Careers, a seminar and talk provider for natural- and life scientists.
|Date:||03/04/2023 to 04/04/2023|
08:30 - 16:30
|Course Coordinator:||Dr. Karin Bodewits|
|Slots:||up to 12|