Third Party FundingCopyright: © RWTH Aachen
The Division 4.2 – Management of Third Party Funds team assists you with the acquisition, quality assurance, and management of external funding – from the initial idea right through to the management of large-scale projects.
- +49 241 80 90494
- Send Email
Keeping up to date with our newsletter
Finding the Right Funding Program for Your Research Idea
You can use our directory of German and European programs and funding bodies to look for funding opportunities in the area of research funding. Furthermore, RWTH lets you use the ELFI funding database free of charge and you can also subscribe to our newsletter, which informs you of the latest calls.
Advice and Support
During the proposal phase, we pass on our knowledge to you, assisting you in meeting all formal call requirements in compliance with the funding programs, among other things. Once your project has been approved, we will advise and support you in the administration of your externally funded project in accordance with your particular funding format. For this purpose, we provide you with guidelines specifically designed for RWTH researchers and also advise you on the following funding organizations:
We offer special support in the following areas:
- Large-scale projects and special types of projects
- Collaborative Research Centers and Research Training Groups
- EU Projects (project management, European Institute of Innovation and Technology)
- OP EFRE & Interreg State Ministries projects
- Structural change projects
- External Funding Opportunities for Early Career Researchers (among others DFG Proposal Support)
- Various Excellence funding programs (ERC-Grants, Research Prizes, or Alexander von Humboldt Professorships in particular)
In addition, we are your contact point for general issues surrounding management of third-party funds, for example in quality management and digitalization.
You can also find information – albeit only in German to date – about the most important terms in third-party funding on our third-party funding from A to Z intranet page.
Qualification – Research Funding and External Funding Administration
In our seminar program, we regularly offer information events on funding programs and qualification events.