Electric Mobility – Opportunities and Risks
On Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 6pm, the Institute for High-Voltage Technology at RWTH Aachen University will host a panel discussion titled "Electric Mobility: Benefit or Harm to the Energy Transition?"
The panelists will discuss the question of whether the recent “breakthough” in electric mobility is likely to result in an overload of electricity grids, or whether electric mobility can provide sufficient flexibility to integrate renewable energy. Furthermore, the discussion will revolve around novel battery charging technologies and their implementation.
The discussion is moderated by Professor Armin Schnettler, head of the RWTH Institute for High-Voltage Technology.
The audience is invited to pose questions to the panel; after the event, attendees have the opportunity to talk to the panelists individually.
- Event location: Lecture hall Eph, Rogowski Building, Schinkelstraße 2. If you wish to attend the event, please register via email.
- Professor Günther Schuh, Member of the Board of Directors of the RWTH Laboratory for Machine Tools and Production Engineering (WZL) and founder and CEO of e.GO Mobile AG
- Dr. Andreas Cerbe, Network Director and Member of the Management Board of Rheinenergie
- Dr. Markus Doll, Director of Grid Development, Bundesnetzagentur (Federal Network Agency)
- Dr. Christoph Roggendorf, Charging Infrastructure Expert, Porsche Engineering