Theodore-von-Kármán-Fellowship – Outgoing Scientists
Research Stays Funded for RWTH Scholars
- Target Group:
- Direction / Place:
Since 2013, in order to further promote the internationalization of the university, ERS International has enabled RWTH scholars to spend a period of research abroad at a foreign university. in the previous nine calls, more than 60 proposals were funded with a total funding volume of about 250,000 euros.
The duration of the stay should be at least one month and cannot be combined with conferences.
The Regions of Strategic Intererst, ROSI for short, are given special consideration in the selection process, although other target countries are also possible.
Applications are only accepted once the call has been published and if they are submitted before the deadline. The deadline for the last call was November 3, 2022.
Required Application Documents
Proposal documents must be submitted as pdf documents and contain the following:
- Name and contact details of the applicant and the responsible RWTH professor as well as details of the hosting institution.
- Acceptance letter/invitation from the responsible professor (for PhDs)
- Short cover letter with a description of the scientific interest and information on the host institution, including a contact person
- CV / Resume, including a list of the five most important publications
- Planned activities/topics during the research abroad period
- Letter of invitation from the host institution
- Budget plan