German Preparation Course at B2/C1 Level for Refugees Who Want to Study in Germany
Starting in April 2023, RWTH will provide places in a German language course (VBK II) for refugees to prepare them for their university studies.
German Preparation Course at B2/C1 Level at the Language Center of RWTH Aachen University for refugees who want to take up studies in Germany
||April 11, 2023 through July 21, 2023
Monday to Friday, 9am to 1:15pm
Participants should meet the following conditions:
Refugee status in Germany: §22, §23 paras. 1, 2 and 4, §23a, §24, §25 paras. 1, 2, 3, § 26, toleration, family reunification (§ 29, 30).
Unfortunately, persons with a residence permit according to § 55 cannot apply.
- Be eligible to be admitted to a German university (providing either a school leaving certificate as university entrance qualification or proof of a successfully completed degree program), and
- Deliver proof of current German skills: B2 level completed
Repetition and consolidation of B2 level and expansion of knowledge through materials that go beyond B2
- Skills training
- Listening, reading, grammar
- Writing and speaking
- Taking short notes and transcripts
- Writing training: writing texts according to instructions
- Presentation exercises/give presentations
- Implementation and tips for working on tasks from C1 exams (such as TestDaF).
- Pronunciation training
- Vocabulary development
- Cultural knowledge of the country
- Teaching and application of learning strategies
- Guidance for self-learning
The application, including the documents outlined below, must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 22, 2023.
- The fully completed application form
- Documents to prove that you are eligible to enter a German university (copy of the original school leaving certificates and academic transcripts and a translation in English or German)
- Letter of motivation: please provide a statement on why you want to complete the German language course at RWTH
- Copy of ID or passport (or equivalent)
- Copy of the residence permit (both pages), including a copy of your current address in Germany