RWTH Aachen – University of Alberta Senior Research Fellowships
- Target Group:
- Direction / Place:
Coordinator for Strategic Partnerships
- +49 241 80 92227
- Send Email
University of Alberta International
- Send Email
First of all, any project which serves to strengthen or expand the partnership between RWTH Aachen and the University of Alberta, is, in principal, welcome and elibible for funding. The Senior Fellowship program provides a formal framework to facilitate, first and foremost, joint activities in research or teaching. If you have any other ideas for joint projects or ventures, pleas get in touch with us – these may be eligible for support from other funding programs.
Who can Apply?
- Postdocs as well as professors from both the University of Alberta and RWTH Aachen
Extent of Funding
- Duration of stay: 2 to 4 weeks
- Up to 2,500 euros per stay
Upon consultation, additional funds might be awarded if the situation reasonably warrants it.
Purpose of the Fellowship
- Conduct joint research projects, initiate joint research projects (proposal process)
- Present your research at the partner institution
- Prepare a joint publication
- Be involved in teaching at the partner university
- Stimulate further cooperation between RWTH and the University of Alberta
- Strategic value for the partnership between the University of Alberta and RWTH regarding future joint projects, such as joint supervision of thesis projects, collaborative research and publications, applications for third party funding, teaching at the partner university, organization of future visits and student exchange programs
- Applications must be submitted by September 30, or March 31; applications are also accepted at other times if arranged beforehand
Application Documents in English
- Curriculum Vitae with contact details (mailing address, e-mail)
- List of recent publications
- Statement of purpose with reference to the research project, duration of the stay and expected outcome – see “purpose of the fellowship” and “selection criteria”
- Time schedule with exact days and itinerary
- Invitation letter from host university: reference to the joint project and duration of the stay, expected outcome (if possible) and future perspectives of cooperation
Send complete application documents to your University's International Office (see the above contact box) before the deadline – you will be nominated by your International Office.
After Your Application Has Been Submitted
Upon notification of acceptance you will receive a welcome email with further information to plan your stay at the partner institution.
We are happy to assist you if you have any further questions.