- Prof. Alexander Mitsos Ph.D.
- Faculty / Institution:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent Science
- Project duration:
- 01.11.2015 to 31.10.2019
- EU contribution:
- 4.090.249,44 euros
Advancing Modelling for Process-Product Innovation, Optimization, Monitoring and Control in Life Science Industries
The ModLife project is a European Training Network initiative that brings together 5 leading European universities, 4 global industrial players and 2 SMEs to undertake research and training in the area of product-process innovation, optimization monitoring and control for life sciences and biotechnology industries. Modlife aims to develop Advanced Model-Based Optimization, Monitoring and Control as Enabling Technologies for bioprocess-product development and innovation tailored for the needs in life science industries.
- Danmarks Tekniske Universitet, Denmark (Coordinator)
- Bayer Technology Services GmbH, Germany (Participation ended)
- Bayer AG
- Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, France
- University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom
- Imperial College of Science Technology and Medicine, United Kingdom
- Alfa Laval Copenhagen A/S, Denmark
- Unilever UK Central Resources Ltd., United Kingdom
Under the Horizon 2020 project ModLife one innovation was developed and listed in the Innovation Radar: Software for property prediction with uncertainty analysis. The Innovation Radar is a European Commission initiative to identify high potential innovations and innovators in EU-funded research and innovation projects. It has the goal of creating a steady flow of promising tech companies that can scale up into future industrial champions.