Intellectual Property Day Event
RWTH, AGIT, Aachen Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and Aachen Chamber of Skilled Trades invite the public to an event.
World Intellectual Property Day is celebrated around the world in April. Currently, it is dedicated to young inventors who are paving their way to a better future with their creative ideas. The Patent and Standards Information Center of RWTH Aachen University, in cooperation with AGIT, Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and the Chamber of Skilled Trades, invite you to a panel discussion. The event will be held via a Zoom meeting on Monday, April 25, 2022, from 4pm to 5:30pm.
The focus will be on the three Aachen-based companies Crop, Meotec, and Voltfang and the protection of intellectual property. Crop offers an electrochemical solution as a substitute for herbicides, Meotec develops implants that can be absorbed by the body at the interface of medical and surface technology, and Voltfang recycles used batteries from electromobility for a functioning circular economy. Helga Hermanns will moderate the event. Regional experts will be on hand to answer questions:
- Dr. Claus Castell from patent law firm Liermann-Castell
- Havva Coscun-Dogan from AGIT
- Markus Wolff, innovation consultant at Aachen Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- Peter Motter, innovation consultant at Aachen Chamber of Skilled Trades, and
- Dr. Susanne Ruffert, Head of the Patent and Standards Information Center of RWTH Aachen University.
We warmly invite interested members of the public to attend. Registration is required via this page.