Management Assistant for Office ManagementCopyright: © RWTH Aachen
- Secondary School-Leaving Certificate: Fachoberschulreife
- Selection Process: Application, interviews, trial period
- Personal Requirements: Good speaking skills, enjoy working with other people, organizational skills, interest in modern communication technology
- Placement Test: Yes. You must pass the test to continue on to the selection process.
- Aptitude Test: Yes
- Length of Training: 3 years
- Professional Association: Industrie- und Handelskammer Aachen
- Exam: Parts 1 and 2 of the final exam are completed with the Industrie- und Handelskammer Aachen
Management assistants for office management can work in all companies in business, industry, and trade, in administration, organizations, and other institutions. Your responsibilities include office administrative functions as well assistant and secretarial duties.
Since you can be employed in various sectors, you need to possess knoweldge about business processes, in order to learn the specifics of a particular field of work.
Daily interactions with customers, vendors, authorities, and colleagues require you to draft and create tailored announcements and relay them either verbally or in writing. To complete these tasks, you need verbal skills, experience using various PC application programs, and the ability to use modern means of communication (fax, email, internet).
Your responsibilities include organizing your own work, and coordinating and supervising appointments for other employees. This includes the organizational preparation and follow-up for meetings, presentations, and fairs.
In addition to the statistical analysis of data, you will be required to interpret data. Thus, you will need the required background knowledge or will need to obtain it.
Continuing Education/Courses of Study
- State-certified specialist in business administration (FH Aachen)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Studies (FH Aachen)
- Part-time Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (FOM University of Applied Sciences)
- Distance degree program in business administration/economics
Training takes place at the respective university institution and in the RWTH Aachen Vocational Training Center (BAZ).
Courses take place two days a week at the Berufskolleg K1 der Stadt Aachen, Beeckstraße 23-25, 52062 Aachen.
Salary, Job Ticket, and Vacation during Training
1st Training Year: 1,036.82 euros
2nd Training Year: 1,090.96 euros
3rd Training Year: 1,140.61 euros
Contributions to capital formation: 13.29 euros
Job Ticket: starting January 1, 2023, 23 euros a month
Christmas Bonus: 95 percent of November salary
Vacation Days: 30 days a year
Brief Information: Office Assistant for Office Management (de)
(pdf: 152 kb)
Here you can get initial information at a glance.
- Apply now!
BAZ Management Assistant for Office Management
is your contact for vocations in this field.
- Sample Tests